Cranberry Bundt Cake
yield: 1, 7 or 8” bundt cake
All-Purpose Flour, 160g (1 cup plus ⅓ cup)
*Whole Wheat Flour, 58g (⅓ cup plus 1 Tablespoon)
Baking Powder, 8g (1 ½ teaspoons)
Allspice, 0.5g (⅛ teaspoon)
Cinnamon, 1g (¼ teaspoon)
Salt, 2.5g (½ teaspoon)
Butter, 130g (1 stick plus 1 Tablespoon)
Sugar, 227g (1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons)
Dark Brown Sugar, 50g (¼ cup)
Buttermilk, 130g (½ cup)
Zest of 1 orange
Zest of ½ a lemon
Fresh or Frozen Cranberries, 85g (⅔ cup)
*Tip: We use Maine Grains sifted whole wheat flour. Local, freshly milled flour adds a great, nutty flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously coat the inside of a bundt pan with butter. Allow all ingredients to come to room temperature.
- Sift together dry ingredients, set aside.
- On medium speed, cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and citrus zest until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl between additions.
- Add dry ingredients and mix carefully on low speed while streaming in the buttermilk. Mix until almost fully combined.
- Fold in cranberries with a spatula. Careful not to overmix.
- Spoon into prepared bundt pan and even out the surface so it is flat.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then flip out onto a serving dish. Glaze with orange glaze.
Orange zest, ½ teaspoon
Orange juice, 15g (1 Tablespoon)
Powdered sugar, 60g (½ cup)
Mix together until smooth. Pour over cooled bundt cake.