Yield: 1 dozen
All Purpose Flour 1/3 cup (175g)
Salt . teaspoon
Butter . cup (150g)
Powder sugar . cup (50g)
Lemon Juice 1 teaspoon
Lemon Zest 2 each
1. On medium speed, cream together room temperature butter and powdered sugar until pale and fluffy.
2. Add lemon juice and zest, beat for 1 minute.
3. Turn mixer to low speed, add flour and salt and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
4. Dump out onto a work surface and knead to form a ball of dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
5. Roll out to .” thickness and stamp out desired shapes.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
7. Allow to cool completely before decorating or sandwiching between buttercream.